How the organisation meets the public benefit requirement
Aughnacloy Development Association is a community group who aims to promote and develop Aughnacloy and the district as a thriving Rural Centre both economically and socially.
The direct benefits which flow from this purpose include;
- Assisting voluntary organisations in extending their activities to further benefit the public. · Improved community life through recreation facilities being maintained so that they can be used by the local community.
- Advancement of Arts, culture and heritage, enhanced public understanding of history through the procurement of new public art work for the town and via the preservation of the community history and local culture.
- Organising various fundraising activities whereby the proceeds raised are used to further advance the town and district of Aughnacloy.
- Acting as community representatives in relation to ongoing industrial and commercial questions which directly affect the community. To include opposing measures affecting trade commerce and matters concerning small firms in the district and town of Aughnacloy.
- Facilitating fundraising events whereby the business community can use their trade skills, goods and or services as a means to raise funds which are then used to contribute to the well being of the town.
- Providing training and support for local businesses to further enhance their business skills and acumen. These benefits are evidence through the recent results of our local fundraising events whereby a substantial amount of proceeds raised have been used in the development of the town and district of Aughnacloy. This includes upgrading the town’s Christmas lights display.
Assisting voluntary organisations in extending their activities to further benefit the public has been evidenced through the increased membership in local community groups. These groups avail of the community’s facilities to hold their meetings, as well as advertising and updating their members of upcoming events via the association’s website and Facebook page. In relation to opposing measures affecting trade commerce and matters concerning small firms in the district and town of Aughnacloy, the community association has become actively involved in opposing the proposed Ulster Bank branch closure in Aughnacloy town. Their appeal is currently ongoing and the community association hopes to be successful in their opposition of the Ulster Bank branch closure. The association’s contributions have included providing copies of all correspondence with the Ulster Bank representatives on the group’s publically available Facebook page. A community group representative attended public meetings regarding the proposed closure of the town’s Ulster Bank branch. The group also organised a petition against the closure which obtained over 200 signatures from the local community. The organisation has therefore played a key role in representing the local community on this matter and ensuring their view and opinions are both heard and upheld.
The association has further helped to develop the town by obtaining government funding for new art work in the community. This has been evidenced through the recent successful planning permission application for the erection of a new sculpture, in the diamond area of Aughnacloy town with the help of Red Apple Arts. The community group held an event at their annual festival which gave the opportunity for local children to tell the artists what was special about Aughnacloy and give valuable feedback to the artists in relation to the proposed sculpture.
No harm or possibility of harm flows from our organisations purposes. The charity’s beneficiaries are the people living in the district and town of Aughnacloy.
There is no private benefit flowing from our purposes.
What your organisation does Our activities include;
Organising and holding local fundraising events whereby the proceeds are used in the development of the town and district of Aughnacloy. Fundraising events include Aughnacloy 5 Miler Fun, Aughnacloy Summer Festival and Cycle Sportive. The Christmas Craft Fair & Santa’s Grotto provided a facility for local business to advertise and sell their goods at stalls set up in the Aughnacloy Youth Hall. The association also held a Summer Sizzler cross border cross community event which was funded by Co-Operation Ireland. This event was a children’s activity day together with a barbecue and music all funded as part of Stepping Stones cross border cross community group.
Assisting voluntary organisation in extending their activities to further benefit the public. This includes providing a facility for local youth groups and other such organisation to hold their meetings. These organisations include the Aughnacloy Playgroup, Aughnacloy Truagh Historical Society, Aughnacloy Scouts and Guiding and the Aughnacloy Women in Enterprise Group. The Aughnacloy Women in Enterpise Group is a new organisation developed and run by the association which is designed to help all women who have an idea or hobby which could be developed into a money making business.
As discussed in our public benefit statement the association has played a key role in opposing the proposed Ulster Bank branch closure in the town and helped to develop the town further through obtaining government funding for new art work in the community.
The association also provides a facility for local business and club organisations to advertise on the Aughnacloy Community Pages for free.
Aughnacloy.biz is about the promotion of business in and around the Co. Tyrone village of Aughnacloy. This website is designed to be an entry into the world of the internet for every business in the area. A place for the business of Aughnacloy to establish their first on-line presence or promote themselves as a business within this vibrant community.
You may already have a website of your own, potential customers coming through this site can be redirected on to your site from your listing or a specific landing page relating to an offer or deal you want to promote via our blog posts.(details coming soon)
Businesses advertising on these pages will also get a reduced rates on web design, should you wish to build your own website and any business photography and/or video production from Business Media Solutions.
If you would like to have your business on Aughnacloy Business pages submit your listing here.
Open your Aughnacloy business to a wider audience.